Machu Picchu Now
Currently the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu, has visits at 50%, the responsible authorities demand compliance with security protocols. Inform you that Antara Peru requires compliance with these measures as it is a protection for the safety of all.
Machu Picchu obtained the safest destination certificate. As good news, this beautiful destination will finally begin to be visited by tourists from November 1 of this year.
Visitors to Machu Picchu
The Ministry of Culture approved the capacity of 2,244 daily visitors to Machu Picchu. This was established in Ministerial Resolution No. 173-2020-MC published on July 7.
The Decentralized Directorate of Culture of Cusco defined four circuits that will be carried out once Machu Picchu can receive visitors:
- High Short Circuit (1): Involves the ascent to the platform of the so-called Guardian House to continue through the Main Cover, the Canteras sector, the Mirador del Templo del sol, the Plaza de los Temples, the Espejos de Agua complex and the exit through the Plaza del Pisonay.
- High Long Circuit (2): Involves the ascent to the platform of the so-called Guardian’s House to continue through the Main Cover, the Canteras sector, the Mirador del Templo del Sol, the Temple Square, Intihuatana, Llamakancha, Sacred Rock , Qolqas Orientales, Temple of the Condor and exit through the lower terrace.
- Lower Short Circuit (3): Involves entering Qolqas, explanation platform, Casa del Inka, Espejos de Agua complex and exit through the Plaza del Pisonay.
- Lower Long Circuit (4): Involves entry through Qolqas, explanation platform, Casa del Inka, Llamakancha, Roca Sagrada, Qolqas Orientales, Temple of the Condor and exit through the lower terrace.
Sanitary Obligation General.
- Chinstrap and masks face.
- Hand washing and shoe cleaning before entering Machu Picchu.
- Respect the social distance between people.
- We suggest for prudence at 2 meters distance.